Friday, February 20, 2015

My Weight Loss Journey

I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Growing up, I lacked a lot of self-confidence because I was overweight. As a result, I was shy, introverted and kept to myself. In high school, I was always afraid of being judged and laughed at. So I thought the best way to avoid that was to just be invisible. I tried every "fad" diet under then sun and nothing seemed to work for me. I remember thinking "maybe I'm just made to be overweight. Nothing is going to ever work for me." I was an "I can't" kind of person. 

My husband, Kyle, and I were married in November 2012. Before the wedding we decided to give INSANITY a try. I saw really good results after the first month. I lost about 6 pounds! BUT... shortly before the wedding we found out I was pregnant with our daughter, Madeline. So INSANITY was put on the back burner during my pregnancy. 

I gained about 65 pounds my first pregnancy. After I had Madeline I hardly had time to even think about getting back in shape because I got pregnant with my son, Parker shortly after! With Parker I gained about 40 pounds. YIKES!! 2 babies under 2!! How am I ever going to have time for anything other than taking care of them?!?! Let alone taking care of myself!

However, after Parker was born something clicked for me. I didn't just want to take better care of myself... I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! I decided I needed to start making changes in my lifestyle so I can set a good example for my children. I was the heaviest I had ever been after having Parker. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized something had to change! And that something was ME!! I needed to stop making excuses and change my mindset entirely. 

I decided to reach out to a Beachbody Coach for information about Shakeology and how it could help me lose weight. My Beachbody Coach was AMAZING! She explained to me all the benefits Shakeology has along with introducing me to the 21 Day Fix Program. 

After my first round of the 21 Day Fix and drinking Shakeology I lost 12 pounds!! I felt amazing and for the first time in my whole life people were saying "WOW! You look great! What are you doing to lose weight?" Since I started the program in December 2014 I have lost 28 pounds! I don't have to wear maternity jeans anymore! The picture below is of me being able to fit in my "college jeans"for the first time in 2 years! What a great feeling that was... 

The 21 Day fix and Shakeology changed my life! Simple meal planning and portion control and 30 minute workouts everyday was all it took! Not only do I look better, but I FEEL AMAZING! I have more energy, more confidence, and feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. The Beachbody community has taught me how a simple change in mindset can make all the difference. 

Remember how I was once an "I Can't" kind of person. Well...now that I am a Beachbody Coach myself and am living a healthy lifestyle I am more of an "I CAN DO ANYTHING" kind of person! I believe in these Beachbody programs so much! THEY WORK! This investment in my health and future was the best one I could have ever made. If I was able to lose this amount of weight the healthy way... ANYONE CAN! I am still continuing my journey with the 21 Day Fix Extreme program now.

I can't wait to see where this journey takes myself and my family! If you want to reach those health and fitness goals you have please contact me! I can help you achieve them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment